The Journey of NITR Roadies

Sunday, March 21, 2010
Well 1st of all let me clarify that I am not a very big fan of Roadies. I started watching it because of Bani only. Then came Ankita, Shambavi, Anmol, Tamanna, Roop, Bobby,and Natasha to keep me engaged to Roadies 5.0 and 6.0.
I wasn’t actually interested in participating in the event NITR Roadies by shelling out 200 bucks for registration but still the name of the judges meant I had a good chance and when the form was given at my room by some junior, I decided to take part. The form was quite interesting ,I filled it within 15 mins and submitted to one of the judge. Being closer to the “Raghu” and “Ranvijay” meant I didn’t have to go through the interview process and was directly selected in the main round. If my maths and memory is not weak then I think there were total 14 selected for the event and alas only 4 were girls and none were gorgeous!!
Teams were divided and the 1st task was to catch a cock (the bird of course you perverts!!!). I was more intended to save my Lee T-Shirt and JP jeans so I did not take too much trouble and let others do the catching stuff. Second task is not worth mentioning.
Next day began with one of the participant pulling out and another not turning up. Egg catching and dropping into basket task was easy and our group won. There was a money collecting task and ask the participants those who collected (borrowed) large sum are still regretting!! Our group was the winner in this task too thanks to Rambo and so we had a double vote out. Let’s not go into details of the vote outs and all and jump straight to the watermelon task. It was the most difficult task for me as watermelon was and still is YUCK for me!! We had to eat the watermelon without using our limbs and I somehow managed to eat and still not vomit there. But there was the next task waiting. It was to drink “ajwain pani”, which smelled bad and tasted worse, as much as we can in 5 mins and also run!!! My tummy already full with watermelons decided to quit taking any more water after 3 glasses and I threw up like never before. I never threw up so much even after 3 bottles of beer!! I still tried to take more and kept throwing up, total 5 legitimate rounds were counted and somehow we managed to tie with the opposition(there’s always a somehow!!!) and thank God the guys performing the task were made immune. Girls were asked to eat very ripe bananas but our team lost the task. There was another task that day but I was not performing in that so I skipped it here (this is my blog, I will write about myself only, those who have complains, they are free to write their own blog!!!). The day ended with 9 participants left.
The last day of NITR Roadies began with a combo task of cycling and basketball in which you were supposed to basket sitting on a cycle in motion. Once again we were in the victorious group courtesy to some poor skills of the other team and “stand out” performance of Rambo( nick name of a participant). Poster collecting task depended more on the knowledge of NIT rather than anything else and it was a free way to remove the NITRUTSAV posters by the organizers!! Is it necessary to mention that my group WON again?? There was a tug of war (need to mention the winners??) in which two participants suffered minor injuries(however their expressions suggested something else!!) We lost our 1st and only task when my mouth proved too small to eat a Mowa hanging above my head!!
After it came the most embarrassing task. We were made to do sit ups on the centre stage of esplanade thanks to “incredible” mathematics of girls (it also shows the fact why so many girls cry after board maths paper!!). I did a total of 118 sit ups including 58 in 1 min!! A guy, voted out earlier, shot the whole push up thing and said “Dudes! This one’s going to Youtube!!!”).
I replied sheepishly” Blur my face and please don’t write the caption- Punishment for eve teasing!!!” .Wait friends! Don’t go and check out Youtube to check whether its been uploaded or not!! Pleassseeee. Izzat ka sawal hai!!
Moving over, the next task was bit physical. We were supposed to sit in a chair position(though it looked more of a position we sit everyday morning !!!) balancing cups on our legs, head and stretched out hands. 3 of the contestants clocked 7 mins, so the tie breaker was implied in which cups were filled with water. Needless to say I won (thank god the tiebreaker lasted only 20 secs)!!! And the 1st year girl in my group won the dart competition between the two girls(effect of my group!!), I was given the opportunity to choose my finalist between the girl and another boy. Those who know me will know whom I chose!! But to carry her into finals I had to sprint around 50 yards and untie her in 35 secs. The final was about collecting signatures from the NITRUTSAV secretaries, conveyors and coordinators. It was completed easily with the support of my friends and I had become the NITR Roadie(though there were no crowds and not much cheer but a lot of GPLs and demand of Treat!!!!).

Oh!! Thank you for your applause. I am flattered!!!

4 comments:

{ maharshi } at: March 21, 2010 at 7:49 AM said...

jo bhi hua woh ek side...post event treat was more happening!!!! ;)

{ Bitanshu } at: March 21, 2010 at 9:20 AM said...

haha..............ha bhai jab dusro ke paise se treat mile to wo jyada happening hota hi hai

{ Ashesh Raghav } at: March 21, 2010 at 9:34 AM said...

hurrr...... cut all craps !

My dearest friend is an "NnnITR rrrRoadie !!"

And yes, thanx for the Mocktail !!

{ aakash } at: March 30, 2010 at 2:09 PM said...

hmmm...roadies!!!congrats first of all...aur next time when i come to rourkela be prepared...i'm gonna loot u.or else u come this side..let's do some fun..life's pretty boring..