Math+Programming=Disaster i.e. Math Lab

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Let me first tell to all those who haven’t heard about such a lab and think that how a lab is possible even in math is that in this lab we are supposed to write C codes(no idea how I even got a ‘C’ in C lab!!!) for numerical methods( I still dunno what are they……….just got through with a ‘P’!!!) in maths!!! Seems like our “dear” insti had better plans to torture us by unleashing the mega monstrous forces of both the topics together as if getting a “chamatkar” mentally individually by them was not enough. And by the way, what the hell are either of mining and civil engineers are suppose with both the topics in their respective fields??.
Somehow we have been escaping this fateful day since the beginning of this semester as no professor was turning up (no no………dont think that they were kind and understanding but because they too have “awesome” relation with computers, leave alone programming!!!). But thanks to our very own “dear” classmate, who dragged their ass over to the lab, our 3 hours of free time each week also came to an abrupt end like all other good things.
It was though relieving that the net was on there as we could check India inching towards an innings defeat. The prof. kept on muttering some alien language(it was something related to math I believe), I was busy on following up with the wagging Indian tail on cricinfo. My brain though kept filtering the meaningful words uttered by him like “question” ,”bisection method” ,”attendance” ,”F grade” etc. but I heard the most important line of him that attendance won’t be given to those who won’t show their working program(what the f***! It’s the only reason that we cross the boundary of classroom with our evil feet). So I tried to figure out what should I do n the answer was easy “take community help”. The help was almost instant as I got a code but sadly it had to be debugged. After investing some precious time of mine, I managed to compile the program successfully. But alas! It would go in an infinite loop. I tried a few more times but the computer was still happier to go into an infinite loop rather than what I needed! I tried searching it on the reservoir of knowledge (the internet) without any luck. I tried to ping some friends on gtalk, the smarter ones won’t reply n ones who replied quickly went offline on learning the type of help I needed! Thankfully my reliable friends(talking about ones present in class and who too had their asses on the line) would arrange a code(which was as believed working on some systems) which too won’t work for me. Finally after many attempts we could get our hands on a working code (which accepted us too!) just minutes before the class ended. We quickly jotted it down along with its output and went up to the prof. proudly to show him our effort. He asked me that if I had done it on my system or copied it, I replied confidently that I can show him working on my system(and hoped inside that he would not give himself enough punishment of going over upto my system to check). He signed on my paper and thank God the period was over!
But the worse may be is yet to come because “ Semester abhi baaki hai mere dost!!!”.

4 comments:

{ aakash } at: February 9, 2010 at 7:37 AM said...

programming in numerical methods....wtf is this??we had to study numerical methods but didn't have to do any sort of programming.thank god!!!
or else it wud have made o of my O in NM...

{ Unknown } at: February 9, 2010 at 7:56 AM said...

i think ur post was on behalf of many students for whom both the subjects are still a big mystery ,which includes me....what else can i say.......thanks for asserting that i have companions ........

{ Ashesh Raghav } at: February 9, 2010 at 10:35 AM said...

Should I name, who the f**k was that chap to drag the prof's ass to the lab ?? May the soul of these craps lie in peace!!

Any way Maths and Programming is the deadliest possible combo !! very nice analogy of hell and our CCL.
good going !!
:)

{ maharshi } at: February 12, 2010 at 11:38 AM said...

there's a minor correction in ur theorem bro... its

maths+C+ojha=the deadliest combo

a mining engineer with no computer background(and for maths at NITRkl background doesnt matter)can have...but tragedy do strike in our lives in the form of MATHLAB and in this case our "YAMDOOT" was none other than.....uhm uhm uhm... **speech is silver silence is gold**